Ultrapotent, broadly neutralizing and long-acting
anti-SARS-CoV-2 mAbs for the prevention of
COVID-19 infection in immunocompromised patients
- SpikImm was founded in 2021 by Truffle Capital and the Institut Pasteur to develop human monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) to prevent COVID-19.
- SPK001 and SPK002, SpikImm‘s lead candidates, originally developed in the laboratory of Humoral Immunology (Institut Pasteur & Inserm) headed by Dr Hugo MOUQUET, have demonstrated a potent and broad neutralization activity in vitro against SARS-CoV-2 and variants of concern, as well as a therapeutic efficacy in vivo in mouse and hamster models.
- Results have been published in June 2022 in Journal of Experimental Medicine (JEM).
- SPK001 and SPK002 are developed as a long-acting antibody with a convenient, intramuscular administration for the prevention of COVID-19 (pre-exposure prophylaxis) in immunocompromised patients unable to mount a protective antibody response after vaccination.
- SpikImm has recently completed its phase 1 clinical study for SPK001. SpikImm then expects to demonstrate the medical benefit of SPK001 and/or SPK002 in a phase 2 in immunocompromised patients. Depending on the results, SPK001 and/or SPK002 may seek Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) as from S2 2023.
Antoine Pau, PharmD
Dr. Catherine Combot-Plétan
Chief Development Officer
Pr. Karine Lacombe
Chief Medical Officer
Dr. Hélène Sicard
Dr. Jérôme Tiollier
INVENTOR & CHIEF SCIENTIFIC OFFICER
Dr. Hugo Mouquet
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Dr. Philippe Pouletty